Effective August 13th Vermont Housing Finance Agency will reintroduce the MOVE Program, which is a limited time 3.875% mortgage option that can be used for Conventional and Government loans. The MOVE Program interest rate is subject to change when the pool of funds is nearing completion.
Are you working with a VHFA Participating Lender so you can take advantage of this
opportunity? Visit www.vhfa.org/homeownership/lenders.php to search VHFA Participating Lenders.
Terms and Eligibility*:
- 3.875% Fixed Rate for 30 Years.
- Program includes Conventional, Rural Development, FHA, and Veterans Administration product options.
- First-Time Homebuyer Requirement applies in Addison, Bennington, Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Windsor Counties. Buyers in these counties may not have owned a residence for the previous 36 months. All other
Vermont Counties have no First-Time homebuyer Requirement.
- One-Unit and Two-Unit Single Family Homes or Condos are eligible, no Manufactured Housing.
- Income & Purchase Price Limitations by county are available at www.vhfa.org
- All VHFA Programs are for purchase of a primary residence only.
More than a low rate, borrowers will also receive all of the traditional benefits of a VHFA Mortgage:
- First $110,000 of the property purchase price is exempt from the State Property Transfer Tax.
- No Loan Level Pricing Adjustments or Loan Delivery Fees from Fannie or Freddie. This means the rate you see, is the rate your buyers will receive – and their closing costs will not be impacted by Credit Scores, Loan to Value Ratios, or the type of property they are purchasing.
- Lower Mortgage Insurance coverage requirements, lower premiums, and expanded eligibility.
Do you need a down payment and closing cost assistance, or the long-term benefit of a Mortgage Credit
Certificate? Those benefits are still available through our Advantage and MOVE MCC programs!
For more information on the MOVE Program, and other VHFA Programs, contact one of our Participating Lenders, or
VHFA Outreach Coordinator Seth Leonard at 802-652-3424 or firstname.lastname@example.org